Technology Tools: What They Are, What They Do, Where to Get Them
From Community Technology Foundation of CA, Policy Link
A core set of technology tools are at the heart of successful e-advocacy campaigns. These include databases for storing contact information and data about audiences and supporters; websites and content management systems for presenting information and updating it on a regular basis; email tools for conducting outreach communications to online audiences; and a variety of supplementary technology tools that facilitate different ways of engaging supporters to put pressure on decision makers.
This section describes each of these technology components:
- Website: Provides suggestions for content sections on an advocacy website and tools to create an effective online presence.
- Email: Gives pointers for contacting audiences through email newsletters and action alerts and for designing email messages.
- Creating Engaging Content for a Website: Describes blogs, online video and FlashTM animation, and podcasting.
- Tools to Connect to Audiences and Enable Supporter Action: Details the many technology tools that are used to inform supporters and mobilize action.
- Technology Tools and Strategic Service Providers: Describes various industry providers of technology tools and services and highlights some of their key differences.